Vibra Specialty Hospital of Portland is a 100% referral based facility. This means that every patient who is transferred into our hospital has been referred from a physician, case manager, insurance company or family member who has a loved one at another facility. Facilities from which a patient can be referred include:
- Short term Acute Care Hospitals-ICU/Telemetry/Medical-Surgical units
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Aquatic therapy
- Emergency room
- Acute rehabilitation facilities
- Traditional care units
- Foster homes
- Physician offices
- Insurance company case managers
Referral Process – It’s Easy
- A referral is made by placing a call to the designated liaison or by calling our admissions office at 503-257-5667 to request a patient evaluation.
- A clinical liaison completes an on-site evaluation and verifies insurance eligibility – usually the same day. The liaison is happy to meet with you and your family to discuss information about Vibra and answer any questions you may have.
- Authorization from the insurance company is obtained.
- A team of clinicians at Vibra will review the patient’s clinical assessment in preparation for the transfer to Vibra.
- Any special equipment or service needs are determined prior to arrival.
- The clinical liaison works with the referring facility to ensure a seamless transfer to Vibra Specialty Hospital.
Vibra does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap or sexual orientation.